5.19.2007

Sunrises

This weekend was so busy! Amy and I had every day filled with something. And it's not over yet. On Friday, we did Holden Evening Prayer before Bible Meeting. This starts at 7pm and I have to teach an hour away until 6pm...so I was kind of late. This week has been going wonderful for me so Friday night hit disonant cord for some reason. Holden went well. The Bible Study we had afterwards, though, was where I almost lost it. It was great that we had new people coming. There were 5 Japanese and Amy and I. I understood maybe 25% of what went on. This really frustrated me and showed me how much I miss studying the Bible with other Christians. I wasn't able to really discuss and talk becaue I couldn't understand what was going on half the time. VYM has a kind of Bible Study once a month but that is definately not often enough! Anyways, it bothered me to no end and renewed my desire for a cell group.

Today, Saturday, Amy and I had our second English Seminar on World Health. It went so much better than the last one. We were more organized (although we still have to work on that one) and were better prepared. We still got way off schedule but that is our goal for the next seminar.

This past week has just been really good for me. I told my friend, Cindy, that I thought I received an extra measure of God's grace this week because I have never felt so at rest while working. It started with having a good Sabbath on Sunday and I think that just kind of overflowed into the week. I did have some classes that totally crashed and I wondered if my students had learned anything but I still felt like a competent teacher afterwards. I woke up early enough to go running three mornings this week and those mornings were glorious and sunny. The week before this I was dragging so much. I just felt exhausted every single day no matter how much (or how little) sleep I got. This week, though, I had energy every day all through the day! It was actually kind of weird because there were times I was definately tired...8 hours of sleep eluded me...but I still had energy and motivation. Yay God for answering prayer! Thank you to those of you who have been dilligently praying for me. I certainly saw it's effects this week and have never felt so close to God's grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home