House Blessing2
So, my house blessing was great. More people came than I thought would. They were all church members except for Nick and Amy. Saito-sensei, his wife and about 10 or 12 other people came. My little apartment was full! Unfortunately it rained all day on Sunday so we didn't see any of my neighbors. It was warm, though, so that's a small consolation.Saito-sensei had everything figured out. He had made up a small service with a reading and everything. It was only about 30 minutes. He spoke a little about the story of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. He said that we are like the two disciples who didn't realize that Jesus was there all along. God was here long before I came to live in this apartment. So we are like "Oh, there's God!"
We had sushi after that and talked and watched pictures on my computer while I explained them. They were fascinated by my pictures from home. Especially the ones from the Omaha Zoo. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home