the crew

Here is the crew. These are all the new missionaries in Japan. In the top row: I am on the left and Pamela is on the right. In the bottom row: Cassie, Jenae, Sarah, Haidee, and Matt.
They are all wonderful. Pamela, Sarah and Matt are ELCA missionaries and it is great to have them in orientation with us. Because Cassie, Jenae, Haidee and I live in the same house we appreciate being able to interact with other Americans our age who we don't have to see 24/7.
We have Japanese class during the week together and do various mission activities on the weekends. Usually on weekends we are separated to our different cities and churches. Today, though, Sarah and I went to Harajuku where the Meji Shrine is. This is also a "punk" part of Tokyo. We saw every kind of style imaginable. It makes me excited because now I can try out some outfits that
I know would have gotten some "maybe you want to put one more layer on top of the 10 you're wearing" stares back in the U.S. We found this interesting building that looks like several different aspiring artists had gotten ahold of it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home